Parent View is a survey provided by Ofsted for parents and carers to enable the school and Ofsted to receive feedback on your views regarding the school. The school uses the Parent View questions twice a year to gather views via post, but you may choose to use the electronic version below.
If you prefer to fill in a paper copy, I've also attached a copy of our school Parent View form here.
Share your views through Parent View
Parents and carers can give their views of our school at any time of the school year and at the time of school inspection using an online questionnaire called Parent View.
When our school is notified of its next Ofsted inspection, parents will be invited to give their views about the school to inspectors using the Parent View online facility as this has replaced Ofsted’s paper questionnaire. Please make sure we have your most up to date contact details.
- Please register with an email address and a password by clicking on this link - PARENT VIEW
- Once your login has been activated, it only takes a few minutes to complete answers to 12 short questions about aspects such as bullying, the quality of teaching, level of homework etc.
- Your views are important in helping inspectors make a decision about our school, and to help us know what is going well and what could be improved.
If you do not have a computer or an email address or if you would like help to use Parent View, please come into school and ask at reception.
How to use Parent View
- Log in / Register
- You need your email address and password for the simple log-in process. Just follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will then be asked to fill in a ‘captcha’ before completing registration. This is where you read two words from the screen and enter them into a box. This is to prevent site misuse.
- Ofsted will send you an email with a link to activate your log-in.
- Ofsted have produced a screencast which demonstrates how to register and complete a survey on Parent View
- You can give your views about your child’s school if it is a maintained school or an academy (including free schools), or a non-association independent school inspected by Ofsted.
- To search for a school, just enter Newfield School and part of the address (road, city, town or postcode)(Edge Lane, Crosby, L23 4TG) in the search boxes when you are asked to.
- Select your child’s school from the search results
There will be 12 questions to answer, for example, ‘My child is happy at this school’ with a choice of responses:
- Strongly agree
- Strongly disagree
- Don’t know
Use the ‘Next’ button to move to the next question. If you change your mind you can use the ‘Previous’ button to go back. Once you have completed all 12 questions, click on ‘Finish the survey’ and the questionnaire is complete.
Registered users can sign up to receive an email when the results for a specific provider become publicly available and when there is a change in the number of responses after this. You can choose the frequency of the alerts at set up and by going to your profile.
How to complain
This survey is not designed to receive complaints about schools. If you wish to make a complaint or have a serious concern about your child’s school, you can find more information on Ofsted’s complaints page.
- Ofsted want to protect Parent View from abuse. This is why the site requires your email address and a password to complete the questionnaire. Ofsted store emails address in order to ensure people cannot make multiple entries from the same email address. Schools will not have access to any email addresses, and all results will remain anonymous.
- If you fill in the questionnaire more than once for any school using the same email address, the previous entry will be over-written. Parent View is designed so that there will only ever be one questionnaire from each email address for a specific school in that school year.
- The site is also protected from automated form filling by a ‘captcha’ that asks you to read two words from the screen and enter them into a box.
Using Ofsted’s site
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use of this site by, any other person.
- This includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, which breaches the law of confidence, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene or offensive content, or the disruption of the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting via this website any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, likely to give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law.
- Ofsted will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order lawfully requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials on this website. Ofsted will monitor this site and any related applications for inappropriate use.
- Your attention is drawn to the Computer Misuse Act 1990 which makes it an offence to gain unauthorised access to a computer system or to make unauthorised modifications of computer data.
Parent View and any related material, information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided “as is”, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Ofsted does not warrant that the functions in the material contained in Parent View will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, or reliability of the materials.
In no event will Ofsted be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Ofsted website.
Member account, password and security
Registering and using Parent View may involve you setting up an account and providing a password. You are fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and the password, and all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account or password and any known or suspected breach of security or misuse of the service, and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session if you use a shared computer. Ofsted will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply.
Ofsted makes every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the internet. Ofsted does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
Links to Parent View
You are welcome to link to the Parent View website and we encourage users to do this. However, you should not imply in any way that Ofsted endorses your organisation. Use of the Parent View logo, when linking to the website is authorised without our prior written agreement.
It is your responsibility to ensure links to Parent View are kept updated. Ofsted will not notify you if we move content. Organisations, institutions, commercial and non-commercial websites may choose to link to Parent View. Ofsted is not responsible for the content or reliability of these sites. A link to Parent View should not be taken as endorsement of any kind by Ofsted.
Links from Parent View
The links we include on this website are ones we think are appropriate to our organisation, aims and objectives. We cannot guarantee these links will work all of the time and we have no control over their availability. A link from Parent View should not be taken as endorsement of any kind by Ofsted.
EMAIL DISCLAIMER ALERT TICK BOX
Ofsted respects your privacy. We will not disclose your email details to any third party organisation (e.g. schools), or company except in accordance with the law. Occasionally, we may wish to contact you with news and updates on either Parent View or other Ofsted activities