This year we hope to achieve:
* A celebration of our musical successes and talents through our school performances and public performance in the Summer.
* A broad choice of exciting extra curricular activities in performing arts, both within school and in the local community.
* Continued success of our drumming, vocal coaching and piano/keyboard lessons.
* Continuing to build our musical skills and confidence.
This years project is The Art of Noise and students will be taking part in three workshops: Song writing, Music Technology and Drumming. This will lead onto a concert on the 1st July where we will come together with all the other schools to perform.
The theme was Imagination. Pupils rehearsed really well and performed in The Floral Hall in Southport on 4th April. Pupils performed to an audience of 500 supporters and it was enjoyed immensely by all.
LIVERPOOL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA CONCERT
In June 2018 the primary children attended the Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra's Schools Concert 'Fairy Magic'. They all really enjoyed taking part in the interactive performance and sitting in the 'posh' box seats! Following on from the conducting project earlier in the year, the children had the opportunity to see a conductor at a live performance. The children took part conducting the orchestra, we have some budding conductors amongst our primary pupils.
SUMMER ARTS AWARD / GCSE CONCERT
Congratulations to all performers in the summer concert on the 28th June 2018. Through the children's ongoing commitment to learning music they made such fine performances. We heard Year 6 give a fabulous debut keyboard performance, primary pupils showcase their conducting skills, Year 7s solo and ensemble performances, Year 9s GCSE preparation performances and Year 11s djembe leadership project performance. Some pupils were working on this concert as part of their Arts Award qualifications and for GCSE Music preparation.
Area of Study 1 – WESTERN CLASSICAL TRADITION 1650- 1910
Musical Features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgD9SSvlSHY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIFpf5JxzHA (with music score)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4CCU2-AFZE (29 minutes into Movement 5)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kcOpyM9cBg (7 minutes into Movement 5)
Musical Features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgyqMhxK-Hs
Musical Features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4S8w_Eb2ho
Area of Study 2 – POPULAR MUSIC
Musical Features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5girVTDmpyM
Musical Features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXe03j-VOqE
Musical features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWTjNH-AX0
Area of Study 3 – TRADITIONAL MUSIC
Musical Features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILoDrX8otUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcmgiD9SDqk (Musical features)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSyjJ4g9GiU (Musical features)
Musical Features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3kvl9qp2A0
Area of Study 4 – WESTERN CLASSICAL TRADITION since 1910
Musical Features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSRato8kJjs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVahuS9hk_s (with music score)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrWdp6MjdT8 (Listening Guide - Philharmonia Orchestra)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAAc5u_YEVQ (Full set of dances together)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4KvxVBequA (No.1 Pesante)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3OTkiQGLUI (No.2 Vivace)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGCyaYsc3po (No.3 Allegretto)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkw7FEZyfks (No.4 Con brio)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqZYA9EU6PI (with score)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzkOFJMI5i8 (with scrolling score)
Online music education quizzes, games and activities to support Music Learning:
Listening and Understanding Music:
New York Philharmonic Kids Zone:
These 4 games and activities are recommended from the above website.
· Instrument Frenzy – Sort the instruments into the 4 sections of the orchestra http://www.nyphilkids.org/games/main.phtml?
· Music Match Composers – listen and match composers and their music http://www.nyphilkids.org/games/main.phtml?
· Music Match Instruments – Listen and match musical instruments (sounds and pictures) http://www.nyphilkids.org/games/main.phtml?
· Make Your Own Instrument – make a musical instrument using everyday items http://www.nyphilkids.org/games/main.phtml?
Composing & Arranging Music:
· Incredibox – Compose, record and share your mix http://www.incredibox.com
· Online Drum Sampler - Create your own drum beat using your computer keyboard
· Merseyside Youth Association
(Noise and Space Projects in Music, Dance or Drama) http://www.mya.org.uk/our-projects/?type=creative
· Sky Music Hub http://www.skymusichub.com
· Resonate Music Hub http://www.resonatehub.co.uk
Click here for more information.