This year we are hoping to achieve:
New opportunities for pupils to take part in extra curricular activities, both within school and the community.
Building confidence and enjoyment of music.
Celebrations of our musical successes through termly performances.
Continued success of our drum and vocal coaching sessions.
An introduction to music technology and sequencing software at KS4 through studying musical composition.
Schools Diversity Concert - Southport Atkinson Theatre
Secondary Students perform at Schools Diversity Concert in the Atkinson Theatre
We were very proud of our three secondary students who performed at the Schools Diversity Concert on Thursday 9th February 2017.
The schools concert was held at the Atkinson Theatre in Southport in front of approximately 300 people. Our students, albeit nervous about performing, were a total credit to our school and to their families. They all agreed that no matter how many nerves you have that .. 'you just don't let your school, or Miss Paterson down'.
Miss Paterson, their highly skilful Music Teacher had been working with the students during the Spring term towards this performance.
Our school along with the many others there made it a very enjoyable evening for all and one we will certainly look forward to being part of again, in the future.
Online music education quizzes, games and activities to support Music Learning:
Listening and Understanding Music:
New York Philharmonic Kids Zone:
These 4 games and activities are recommended from the above website.
· Instrument Frenzy – Sort the instruments into the 4 sections of the orchestra http://www.nyphilkids.org/games/main.phtml?
· Music Match Composers – listen and match composers and their music http://www.nyphilkids.org/games/main.phtml?
· Music Match Instruments – Listen and match musical instruments (sounds and pictures) http://www.nyphilkids.org/games/main.phtml?
· Make Your Own Instrument – make a musical instrument using everyday items http://www.nyphilkids.org/games/main.phtml?
COMPOSING & ARRANGING MUSIC:
· Incredibox – Compose, record and share your mix http://www.incredibox.com
· Online Drum Sampler - Create your own drum beat using your computer keyboard
· Merseyside Youth Association
(Noise and Space Projects in Music, Dance or Drama) http://www.mya.org.uk/our-projects/?type=creative
· Sky Music Hub http://www.skymusichub.com
· Resonate Music Hub http://www.resonatehub.co.uk
Click here for more information.